2019 Hyundai Veloster and Veloster Turbo
- Veloster retains unique two-plus-one door asymmetrical bodystyle configuration
- Available 1.6-liter turbocharged engine with 201 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque
- Generous cutting-edge infotainment and connectivity features
- Standard multi-link rear suspension for agile dynamics
DETROIT, – Hyundai today unveiled its all-new Veloster and Veloster Turbo models at the North American International Auto Show. The fresh design was a collaborative effort of Hyundai designers from Seoul, South Korea and the U.S. design center in Irvine, California. The new Veloster features a comprehensive exterior and interior redesign, powertrain enhancements, and a bevy of new and improved infotainment and connectivity features. The 2019 Veloster begins production in March 2018 in Ulsan, Korea, with U.S. market availability in the second quarter of 2018.
Veloster’s compelling combination of performance with efficiency is a formula many industry competitors are seeking to duplicate. Hyundai’s development focus on all the factors of efficient performance, such as small-displacement turbocharged engines, dual-clutch transmissions, comprehensive lightweighting, efficient aerodynamics, and reduction of parasitic engine losses through electric-powered ancillaries, have combined to yield simultaneous benefits in performance and efficiency to the consumer.
- Available Qi wireless-charging capability
- Available eight-inch display audio or audio/navigation system
- Multi-touch screen with menu swipe function
- Available HD Radio® capability
- “Eyes Free” Apple Siri® integration for iPhone
- Navigation map and music split-screen display function
- Navigation map with enhanced junction-view lane guidance
Veloster Turbo features standard Infinity Premium audio with eight speakers, including a subwoofer, passive radiator and external amplifier. A SiriusXM® Satellite Radio interface is integrated into the head unit and features channel logos and data services.
- Widgets for easy access to remote features
- Ability to send Point-of-Interest data to vehicle navigation system (if so equipped)
- Access to Blue Link notification settings