2018 Subaru WRX STI
2018 Subaru WRX® STI®
Subaru flagship performance model debuts performance, comfort, design and safety enhancements for 2018.
New for 2018
• Revised Brembo® Performance Brake System with lightweight monoblock front and rear calipers (now
6-piston on front vs. 4-piston on 2017 model); calipers painted yellow with black STI logo; larger
vented discs (13.4 in. front and 12.8-in. rear) now also cross-drilled.
• New electronic Multi-Mode Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) AWD system center
differential in place of previous mechanical + electronic; the change provides optimum differential
control for improved vehicle cornering, stability and handling.
• 19-in. alloy wheels with dark gray finish.
• Redesigned LED headlights (low and high beams) also includes parking lights and turn signals.
• Steering Responsive Headlights.
• Headlights on/off with windshield wipers in automatic mode position.
• STI Sport Design instrument cluster with color LCD multi-function display.
• Power windows with driver’s and front passenger off-delay operation.
• Welcome lighting.
• Standard security system now monitors hood.
• Heated exterior mirrors standard on all models.
• Carrier Base crossbars available as an accessory roof attachment.
• New-design mesh front grille and new- design black fog light insert covers are standard.
nce design front seats
are standard on
• Red seatbelts.
• Black gloss door trim bezels and center console center panel.
• Subaru 50th Anniversary Package available for STI Limited (200 units), featuring exclusive
Heritage Blue exterior paint color and exclusive exterior and interior trim.
• Exclusive to WRX STI: 2.5-liter turbocharged BOXER engine produces 305 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm and
290 lb.- ft. peak torque @ 4,000 rpm.
• SI-DRIVE engine performance management with Intelligent, Sport and Sport Sharp settings.
• 6-speed manual transmission.
• Inverted-strut front suspension with forged aluminum-alloy lower L-arms.
• Active Torque Vectoring.
• Multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) allows driver to select level of stability and traction
control intervention, or disengage system.
• STI high-performance sport-tuned suspension, 19-in. wheels and summer performance tires.
• Brembo Performance Brake System employs ventilated 4-wheel disc brakes with 6-piston monoblock
front calipers and dual-piston monoblock rear calipers. Combination of Electronic Brake-force
Distribution (EBD) and Super Sport Anti-
system (ABS) helps to enhance stability under hard braking.
• Aluminum hood with integral scoop to provide fresh air to intercooler.
• LED low and high beam headlights and LED taillights.
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
• Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with DCCD featuring three automatic performance modes and six manual
differential locking- control settings; electronic limited-slip type center differential; helical
gear-type limited- slip front differential and TORSEN® torque- sensing limited-slip rear
Body: 5-pass. 4-door sedan Wheelbase: 104.3 in.
Length: 180.9 in.
Height: 58.1 in.
Width: 70.7 in. Base weight: 3,446 lbs. Trunk: 12.0 cu. ft.
Engine DOHC 2.5-liter, 4-cyl.
Boxer, turbocharger and intercooler, DAVCS variable valve timing
Horsepower: 305 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Torque: 290 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm Transmission: 6-speed manual Wheels: 19
Tires: 245/35R19 summer performance
EPA city/hwy: 17/22/19 mpg
Key Standard Features
(New features for 2018 in bold)
• 24-hour roadside assistance for new- vehicle limited warranty period
• 60/40 split fold down rear seat back with fold-down armrest and dual cup holders
• All-Weather Package (dual-mode heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors and windshield wiper
• SUBARU STARLINK™ 7.0” Multimedia Plus system includes AM/FM stereo HD Radio®, single-disc
in-dash CD player, 7.0- in. multi-touch gesture LCD display, voice activated controls, iTunes®
Tagging, SiriusXM Travel Link® (subscription required), Siri® Eyes Free dual USB ports,
Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming, iPod® control capability and aux. input jack, plus STARLINK smartphone
integration with Aha™ and Pandora®, plus STARLINK cloud apps including iHeart® Radio, SiriusXM®
All Access Radio and SiriusXM Travel Link (subscriptions required) Camera
• SUBARU STARLINK Connected Services
• Ultrasuede® upholstery with red and black leather bolsters and red stitching
• Aluminum alloy pedal covers
• Carpeted floor mats with STI logo
• Cruise control
• Flat-bottom leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching and integrated switches for cruise
control, audio system, Bluetooth and multi-function display; tilt- and-telescope adjustment
• Dual-zone automatic climate control system with air filtration
• Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
• Electroluminescent instrument panel gauges
• Electronic remote trunk release
• Engine immobilizer
• Headlights auto-on/off with windshield wiper operation
• Heated exterior mirrors
• Illuminated power window switches (all)
• Incline Start Assist
• LED headlights (low and high beams)
• Multi-Function Display with 4.3-in. LCD screen; displays for outside temperature; clock;
performance screen with turbo boost; audio and Bluetooth info; climate control settings; vehicle
self-check and maintenance reminder
• Multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control
• Performance-design, whiplash-protection front seats (height adjustable for driver) with height
and tilt-adjustable head restraints
• Power windows (driver’s auto-up & down) with driver’s and front passenger off- delay operation.
• Power door locks
• Power side mirrors, foldable, with integrated turn signals
• Rear vision camera
• Remote keyless entry system
• SI-DRIVE engine performance management system
• Steering Responsive Headlights
• Variable intermittent windshield wipers
• Welcome Lighting
• Recaro Performance Design front seats with 8-way power driver’s seat and
driver’s front seat back pocket
• Keyless Access with Push-Button Start and PIN Code Access
WRX STI Limited adds over WRX STI:
• Recaro Performance Design front seats with 8-way power driver’s seat and driver’s front seat back
• Blind Spot Detection with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
• STARLINK 7.0” Multimedia Navigation system with Harman Kardon® 440-watt equivalent amplifier and
9-speaker sound system (inc. subwoofer)
• Keyless Access with Push-Button Start and PIN Code Access
• Leather-trimmed upholstery
• Power moonroof
Optional for WRX STI Limited:
• Low-profile rear spoiler in place of standard large wing
Subaru 50th Anniversary Package adds to Limited:
• Exclusive Heritage Blue paint color
• 19-inch high-luster finish alloy wheels
• 50th Anniversary logo on front seats
• 50th Anniversary exterior badges
• Silver color interior stitching and seatbelts
• Carpeted floormats with 50th Anniversary logo and silver stitching
• Velour chrome exterior model badges
Body 4-door wide-body design, 5-passenger Engine 4-cylinder SUBARU BOXER, turbocharged/intercooled; SI-DRIVE Engine Performance Management system; specially reinforced die-cast aluminum cylinder block with integral cast iron cylinder liners, five main bearings, semi-closed deck cylinder design Displacement 2,457 cc Bore x Stroke 99.6 x 79.0 mm Heads/Valvetrain Aluminum alloy cylinder heads with belt-driven double overhead camshafts (DOHC), four valves per cylinder, Subaru Dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS) variable valve timing (operates on intake and exhaust valves) Compression ratio 8.2:1 Fuel/Induction Aluminum alloy intake manifold, sequential multi-port fuel injection (MFI), electronic throttle control (ETC) system, turbocharger, cross-flow intercooler Max. boost 14.7 PSI Horsepower 305 @ 6,000 rpm Torque 290 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm Ignition Direct with iridium-tipped spark plugs Emission control Bin 5 Tier 2-Federal (EPA) / LEV2-California Fuel requirement 91 AKI minimum All-Wheel Drive Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with Multi-Mode Driver Control Center Differential (DCCD) featuring three performance modes and six driver-selectable differential locking settings; electronically controlled limited-slip center differential; helical limited-slip front differential and TORSEN® limited-slip rear differential, steering angle input sensor; nominal torque split is 41:59 Stability system Multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) stability and traction control system with yaw-rate sensor; Active Torque Vectoring Transmission 6-speed manual transmission
Gear ratios 1 2 3 4 5 6 R
3.636 2.235 1.521 1.137 0.971 0.756 3.545 Final drive 3.900 Chassis Unitized body construction with Ring-shaped Frame Reinforcement structure; high-tensile steel reinforcements at key structural and suspension-mounting locations Suspension 4-wheel independent, high-performance STI sport-tuned Front Inverted struts with forged aluminum-alloy lower A-arms with pillow ball joint mount, coil springs, 24mm stabilizer bar Rear Double-wishbone type with coil springs and damper units, stiffener bar, 20mm
2018 Subaru WRX STI Specifications / 2
stabilizer bar Brakes Brembo® Performance Brake System, power assisted 4-wheel disc with 4-channel, 4-sensor Super-Sport anti-lock brake system (ABS) with g-sensor; Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist and Brake Override Front disc 13.4 in. ventilated and cross-drilled with 6-piston monoblock calipers Rear disc 12.8 in. ventilated and cross-drilled with dual-piston monoblock calipers Steering Quick-ratio hydraulic power assisted rack-and-pinion Ratio 13.3:1 Turns, lock-to-lock 2.5 Turning circle 36.0 Wheels 19 x 8.5J cast alloy Tires 245/35R19 89W summer performance Exterior Dimensions Wheelbase 104.3 in. Length 180.9 in. Height 58.1 in. Width 70.7 in Track (front/rear) 60.2 in. / 60.6 in. Road clearance 4.9 in. Curb weight WRX STI: 3,446 lbs. WRX STI Limited: 3,525 lbs. Interior Dimensions Headroom Front: 39.8 in. With moonroof: 37.2 in. Rear: 37.1 in. Legroom Front: 43.3 in. Rear: 35.4 in. Hip room Front: 52.1 in. Rear: 53.1 in. Shoulder room Front: 55.6 in. Rear: 54.2 in. EPA passenger volume 96.6 cu. ft. With moonroof: 93.1 cu. ft. EPA trunk volume 12.0 cu. ft. Trunk liftover height 27.0 in. Fuel Economy City / highway / combined mpg EPA estimated: 17/22/19
Fuel tank capacity 15.9 gal